Customers who establish a savings account with Punjab National Bank receive a complimentary credit card. Customers can use this Credit Card at POS (Point of Sale) terminals and online to make purchases.
How to Block PNB Credit Card
While using one’s Credit Card to make purchases online or in physical stores is relatively safe and secure, one must exercise caution to prevent their Credit Card credentials from being duplicated (through skimming) or falling into the hands of online criminals. When a cardholder believes he/she has lost a card or discovers that it has been fraudulently used, he/she can block the card.
PNB Credit Card Suspension
If a PNB (Punjab National Bank) customer loses his/her card, has it stolen, or suspects that a fraudster is withdrawing funds from his/her account, he/she should immediately have his/her Credit Card suspended.
A user of Punjab National Bank has three options for blocking his or her Credit Card: internet banking, SMS, or contacting the bank’s customer service department.
Card blocking via Internet banking
- Sign in to your PNB online banking account.
- Select the ‘Value Added Service’ option and then ‘ATM/Debit Card Hotlisting’.
- Select ‘Account Number’ from the pull-down menu.
- Click ‘Continue’ to view the card associated with the selected account.
- Choose your card number. If the card number is not displayed, you can manually input it in the ‘Card Number’ field.
- Type in the IBS Transaction Password, then select “Submit.”
The confirmation message of a card’s practical addition to the hot list will appear instantaneously.
Credit card blocking through the Mobile App
The following are the procedures to restrict the card using the application:
- Utilise your login credentials to access the PNB One app.
- Select the Credit Card option, and then on the following page, select the ‘Hotlist Credit Card’ option.
- Select the account number to which the card to be blacklisted is attached from the drop-down menu.
- When finished, select ‘Continue’.
- The card associated with the selected account will be displayed, and the appropriate card number can be chosen.
- Enter the transaction’s password and then select the ‘Continue’ button.
It is essential to note that once a credit card has been added to a blacklist, it cannot be removed.
Credit card blocking through Customer Service
- You can suspend or blacklist your credit card by calling PNB’s customer service line.
- You can block the card by calling the bank’s toll-free numbers at 1800 180 2222, 1800 103 2222, or 0120-2490000.
- The IVRS module is also integrated with the above toll-free numbers. You can also transmit an SMS (HOT>space>Card Number), for example, HOT 5545620002358767, from your registered mobile number to 5607040.
Offline blocking of the credit card
You can also disable your credit card by visiting the Punjab National Bank branch closest to you. In addition to your credit card information, you must possess the required identification documents. A bank representative will assist you with blocking your credit card.
These are some methods for blocking or blacklisting your credit card if lost or stolen. You must submit a stolen or missing credit card to prevent fraudulent activity.